- 500g of beef blade (or piece of lamb)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 chopped onions
- 2 chopped celery stalks
- 1 tin of tomato paste (tomato paste)
- 1 small hot pepper (optional)
- 1 bunch of chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp Harira Soup Spice Blend (makes all the difference)
- Otherwise 1 tbsp of ground coriander, 1 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tsp of pepper
- 3 tablespoons of salt (+ or less to taste)
- 1/2 cup of Frik (cracked green wheat or barley)
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 4 to 6 large glass of water glass
- In a pressure cooker (or cooking pot), brown your onions, carrots, leek with olive oil.
- Add the spices, salt, meat and brown for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, fresh coriander, hot pepper and mix.
- Add water and close the pressure cooker (or pot) and cook over medium heat for 35 minutes.
- Open and add the chickpeas and the Frik.
- Cook for another 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh cilantro and Enjoy!
Share this post
Back to Inspirations
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.